Qualifications/How To Apply
To apply for the IBEW Apprenticeship, you must be 17 years of age and have acquired either your high school diploma or GED. Applicants must also have one year of high school Algebra or equivalent and provide official transcripts from the educational facility where the coursework was completed. Drug screening and a physical exam is also part of the process prior to being accepted in to the program.
1) Live in Local 498 Jurisdiction
2) Provide reliable proof of age.(must be 17 to apply, 18 to start work)
3) Provide documentation of completing one of the following:
b) High School Graduate
c) Associate Degree or higher
4) Provide an Official Transcript for applicable education level
5) Submit DD214 if a Veteran
6) Provide evidence of a valid Michigan Drivers License, or means to get to and from job sites.
7) Provide any other documents or information that the applicant would like the JATC to consider. (Resume, achievements awards, recommendations)
(Resume is highly recommended)
8) Applications are completed on Wednesdays 8am to 3pm at our office:
Traverse City Electrical JATC
3912 Blair Townhall Road
Traverse City, MI 49685
The Mission of the Traverse City Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee is to develop and standardize training to educate the members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the National Electrical Contractors Association; insuring and providing the Electrical Construction Industry with the most highly trained and highly skilled workforce possible.